Monday, April 15, 2013

Treasure Island in Tsukuba

A-Mao's first experience of lonely backpack was in Japan in January, 2006, whereas the first unaccompanied business trip was also in Japan. In September, 2008, for a meeting in next morning, I took Narita Express from Narita Airport to Tokyo and then took Tsukuba Express from Akihabara to Tsukuba Center. After checking in at Grand Shinonome Hotel, I was so starving. The Takarajima (or treasure island) near by might be the most optimal selection in this tranquil city.

"Dolsot bibimbap teishoku" was picked because it includes rice & beef. It also came with salad, kimchi & seaweed soup. I was so hungry that the roast beef with sweet sauce tasted so good. On the other hand, I was in an ecstasy and looking forward to dolsot bibimbap.

About 10 minutes later, the hot dolsot bibimbap was served. Having no time to take photos, I poured kimchi into it and mixed this dish. Sounds from the stone bowl sounded very delicious. As soon as it was a little bit cooler, itadakimasu! Well, it is modified to fit Japanese tongue so that it is not as spicy as those I ate in South Korea & Taiwan. But yummy as well.

Moreover, there are various hot & cool beverages. Regarding tea bag, 10 kinds of options. I chose osmanthus fragrans tea made in China; meanwhile, I was hoping quality control of this restaurant is Japanese standard. In all, now branches of Takarajima are almost located in Ibaraki & Chiba, and it is a cost-efficient place for yakiniku.


Grand Shinonome Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment